Wednesday, December 12, 2012

sharing joy instead of self-pity

Someone. Post something!

I keep thinking this to myself when I open up this blog.

It can't be two Lobos in a row! But then... I guess maybe no one wants to be the one to follow the post by a pregnant woman. Kind of hard to write a more/equally relevant post when you're not expecting during Advent.

Welll.... I am biting the bullet.
1. cause she's my sister
2. cause I hope more people will write now
3. cause I can then take a break from studying for contracts
4. cause I found something I really want to share with you

Today I had a pretty not lovely day. I mean, there were objectively a lot of lovely things about it [I use the word objective SO MUCH now that I'm in lawschool, its redonk]. But... I came home this evening and was NOT in a good mood.

Combination of a less than awesome exam, really bad day nutrition-wise, yet another car fiasco, and another exam to study for with a less than thrilling practice exam attempt. And then I watched an emotional episode of parenthood.

BUT, I knew it was silly to be this way. And yet, I sort or wallowed in it anyways for a good few hours. Why? cause I'm a weak little human who sometimes seems to like feeling bad for myself.

Then, I got an email from my Dad saying he would work out the car situation, and found some vegetable soup to fix the nutrition thing, and went over the practice exam and found it wasn't too bad! Point being, things got all better :)

God's pretty great.

The other thing that happened is I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSZQceNbZLA

Extremely calming, praise God for these beautiful women, and also I really want to hear more from this album!! If the youtube clip calmed me down I can only imagine how good the whole album is.

Anyways, along with the music, the Prioress talks about the lifestyle these sisters live, and how it's all focused on God. She spoke of how even though they live a cloistered life, this CD was a way for them to share their beautiful and inspiring lifestyle and theirselves with the world. Well... lucky me, I live in the world and get a million opportunities a day to share my joy in Christ with the world.

Doesn't seem like I really succeeded in that this evening, but tomorrow is a new day, and I'm excited to take advantage of the blessed life I've been given, and to share my joy and gifts and talents with those around me.


[That's all :).]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Teanna! It's true that tomorrow is a new day and we begin again. Takes courage :). Hope your day and next days went well! :)

    ReplyDelete